Broadband Internet access and other related services provided by RANKS ITT Limited (hereinafter referred to as “RITT”).
1. Details of Terms & Conditions for RITT services are given below: -
1.1 “RITT”, a company registered under the Companies Act 1994 in Bangladesh is engaged in providing of Broadband Internet, IPTSP and other related services (hereafter referred to as “services”) nationwide.
1.2 “Subscriber” means any person/ company as defined under General Clauses Act who is availing the “services” from RITT and acting for /and on behalf of the Subscriber.
1.3 “Equipment” means such hardware/software components and assembled that are required to enable “services” to the Subscriber including but not limited to optical fiber cable router, MC/ ONU, splitters, UTP cables etc.
1.4 “Information” means the audio/ visual, textual or other information published or otherwise made available to the Subscribers (directly or indirectly) on the Internet using the services provided by RITT. This Agreement will be effective from the date of signing (effective date) and will be valid for one (1) year from the effective date (initial term) and will be automatically renewed for one (1) consecutive year until terminated by any party.
1.5 “Third Party Content” means any and all information, software, Apps and other content provided by any independent developer party that can be accessed through the Internet services.
2. RITT reserves the right to verify the information, provided by the Subscriber in the application form, to use the same at its discretion and shall have the right to grant or refuse the Services to the Subscriber.
3. The Subscriber acknowledges and understand that RITT services including Internet Telephony services is subject to the other terms and conditions. The Subscriber clearly understand that the services may be terminated and / or suspended under directions from the Government of Bangladesh and the competent authority under no liability of any nature whatsoever against RITT
4. The Services are provided on an “AS IS and AVAILABLE” basis for decent and lawful purposes without any warranties of any kind.
5. RITT does not guarantee error free services or that any information, software, apps or any material accessible through services is free of viruses, worms, malware, Trojans horses or other harmful components and that the Subscriber shall not hold RITT responsible nor liable in any nature whatsoever for any loss of business or any other expense/s incurred due to occurrence of any such event.
6. The Bandwidth provisioned by RITT is a dedicated & shared both bandwidth and may vary depending on upstream feed from Gateway Provider.
7. The devices and public IP provided by RITT, shall remain RITT exclusive property ownership and on expiry /early termination of the contract, the Subscriber will be bound to get back the devices to RITT within 15 days with good conditions. For any damage to equipment provided by RITT, repair/service/replacement charges will be assessed by RITT and recovered from subscriber along with applicable taxes. RITT shall raise an invoice on the subscriber for such repairs or new and the same shall be paid without demur by the Subscriber within 7days of receipt of the invoice
8. The Subscriber is responsible for and shall at all times provide all access to the Equipment, necessary to access the Services, provided by RITT. RITT reserves the right to disconnect or deactivate Subscriber’s access to devices without prior notice where Subscriber’s Equipment or software is interfering with RITT’s other services.
9. The Subscriber shall permit RITT or its authorized representatives sufficient and timely access during any day of the week to verify/install/inspect the necessary ‘Equipment’ at the Subscriber’s premises. RITT shall give the Subscriber prior notice before any such verification / installation / inspection of Equipment.
10. Subscriber’s Wi-Fi devices, PCs, TV etc. using Internet, Such Equipment’s may carry warrantees as provided by the Original Equipment Manufacturer. But RITT shall not be liable and/or refunded any and / or all damage or malfunction occurring due to partial damage of the Equipment.
11. Subscriber agrees to pay one-time charge to RITT for the installation, activation, subscription and other charges along with the statutory taxes and levies when Subscriber wishes to shift to a new location, but delivery of connection will be subject to availability of RITT service coverage in that area.
12. RITT reserves the right to withdraw/ suspend/ terminate the Services partially and /or fully with or without notifying Subscriber in case of non-payment of invoice/bill by the due date or in case Subscriber’s payment instrument is unpaid to RITT for whatever reason by Subscriber’s banks.
13. In case of discontinuation/disable/ suspend of Service the charges/fees paid by the Subscriber earlier shall not be refunded under any circumstances. And for reactivation subscriber may have to pay one-time charge.
14. All payment must be made in fully prepaid basis as per the billing cycle date. Any delay payment by the due date will attract interest @3% per month. In case of dishonor of cheque, Subscriber will be liable to pay penalty of 3% per month of the subject to a minimum of BDT. 1,000/ - per instrument and any other charges as may be applicable. This clause shall be applicable for postpaid subscriber/s only.
15. Public IP (if provided) will be provided after submission of justification and network diagram indicating where it will be used. Public IP will be charged extra and shall be offered at the sole discretion and option of RITT.
16. Reproduction or distribution, publication, copying, downloading or exploitation of any Third-Party Content by the Subscriber will hold the Subscriber solely and completely liable for infringement of Copyright and /or any other applicable law. This shall survive termination / expiry of this Agreement between RITT and the Subscriber.
17. Subscriber is required to ensure that objectionable or obscene message or communications, which are inconsistent with the established laws of the Country will not be generated /send by the Subscriber. Subscriber understands and agrees that the internet contains material, some of which sexually explicit or pornographic that may be offensive to some people and access to such material will be at Subscriber’s own risk. The Subscriber shall be solely and completely responsible for any such act which may be in violation of the Bangladesh Telecommunication Act, 2001 (Act No. XVIII of 2001) subsequent all amendments or Information Technology Act, the Copyright Act or any other applicable Law/s, Act/s extant laws. The Subscriber shall perpetually indemnity RITT in this regard. (Indemnity clause to be added)
18. Subscriber agrees to notify RITT of any changes to the information provided by the Subscriber during registering for the services, by e-mail, courier or registered post.
19. Subscriber is not allowed to share /resell/distribute/the Services provided by RITT in any manner.
20. RITT reserves the right to modify and amend this Contract without cause and without prejudice to RITT rights as specified in this Contract, by serving at least 30 days written notice on the other side by informing by post, courier, electronic mail/ or facsimile transmission.
21. If the Subscriber commits breach of any of the terms and or conditions of this Contract, RITT may at any time at its sole discretion and without prejudice to any other remedy available under any law, either suspend the Services or terminate this Contract.
22. The Parties may terminate this Contract without cause any without prejudice to RITT and there shall be no refunds of any nature whatsoever. Save as provided herein, RITT may at any time at its sole discretion and without prejudice to any other remedy available under any law, either suspend the services or terminate this Contract. No refund of any kind will be given by RITT in case of such termination of service for any reason.
23. Failure on the part of either party to perform any of its obligations set forth in this “SAF” will not be deemed to be a breach of this Agreement to the extent that such failure arises as a result of an event of Force Majeure.
24. Three (03) working days prior notice to upgrade bandwidth or package change and thirty (30) days for downgrade bandwidth or package change of existing location. The customer must will send an email or a written request to RITT for such change.
25. RITT shall be legally liable to maintain IP log information according to BTRC rules & regulations inside of customer network. The subscriber has to be allowed IP Log information if required by Law Enforcement Agency. The subscriber can not use any VPN without prior approval from BTRC
26. Subscriber shall solely be responsible for his/her own and his/her user’s illegal data or voice transfer or traffic or bulk email (spamming) or any other illegal operation. The sending of bulk email (spamming) is strictly forbidden and the subscriber’s account will be immediately terminated. Subscriber shall indemnify RITT if its surfers any losses, damages, or has to pay penalty due to any unlawful usages of the subscriber.